By Eric Sowell
You’ll examine to:
• Use responsive ideas to construct apps that demonstrate and practice good on various cellular devices.
• Leverage your server-side code to customise what you serve to the customer, reckoning on its capabilities.
• construct an ASP.NET MVC customized view engine, use show modes successfully, and create reusable cellular parts with customized HTML helpers.
• utilize new functions provided on a few units by means of interacting with local APIs.
By the top of Mobile ASP.NET MVC 5, you'll want to consider convinced construction net apps that effectively aim whatever from an iOS or Android machine to a function cell or an older cellular browser. alongside the best way, you'll know about the trendy cellular net panorama and the way to settle on the techniques which are good for you, looking on your audience.
This ebook is for the ASP.NET developer who understands how ASP.NET MVC works and is raring to benefit find out how to use it for development cellular websites.
What you’ll learn
• Use responsive rules to construct apps that show and practice good on various cellular devices.
• Leverage your server-side code to customise what you serve to the customer, looking on its capabilities.
• construct an ASP.NET MVC customized view engine, use reveal modes successfully, and create reusable cellular elements with customized HTML helpers.
• utilize new features provided on a few units by means of interacting with local APIs.
• study information and methods for facing browser incompatibilities and focusing on older devices.
• enjoy the author's event as he publications you thru a whole diversity of recent cellular net strategy.
Who this e-book is for
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: the fundamentals of Responsive website design
Chapter 2: CSS format Bootcamp
Chapter three: versatile Layouts
Chapter four: versatile Navigation
Chapter five: versatile Content
Chapter 6: exhibit Modes, View Engines and Html Helpers
Chapter 7: machine and have Detection
Chapter eight: cellular Performance
Chapter nine: local APIs, HTML5 and CSS3 on cellular Today
Chapter 10: Programming for Touch
Chapter eleven: complex contact Programming
Chapter 12: valuable Libraries for cellular
Read or Download Mobile ASP.NET MVC 5 PDF
Similar programming books
This can be a publication for these people who believed that we didn’t have to examine Perl, and now we all know it truly is extra ubiquitous than ever. Perl is intensely versatile and robust, and it isn’t terrified of net 2. zero or the cloud. initially touted because the duct tape of the web, Perl has seeing that developed right into a multipurpose, multiplatform language current totally all over: heavy-duty net functions, the cloud, structures management, typical language processing, and monetary engineering.
- MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-294) Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2003 Active Directory® Infrastructure
- Refactoring to Patterns
- Adaptive Fuzzy Logic Based Framework For Softwarevelopment Effort Prediction
- Programming Languages and Systems: 5th Asian Symposium, APLAS 2007, Singapore, November 29-December 1, 2007. Proceedings
- The Book of F#: Breaking Free with Managed Functional Programming
Extra resources for Mobile ASP.NET MVC 5
This approach is built on three key ideas: flexible layouts, flexible content, and CSS media queries. The great thing about it is that it gives you a relatively easy way to handle different display sizes: from the browser on an iPhone up to the browser in a widescreen HD TV. But the approach is not without its weaknesses. For example, responsive non-textual content can be problematic, and there are differing ideas on the best way to solve this. Displaying tabular data on smaller devices can also be difficult.
That is the first scenario. The second scenario relates to text size. 9 inch display, 1024x768 resolution, 163 ppi). In the case of the larger iPad, even though it has a resolution of 2048x1536, it is 1024x768 in CSS pixels, so the two devices will respond to all the exact same width-based media queries. This also means that text for both will be sized the same as far as CSS is concerned but will actually be smaller on the iPad mini because the screen is smaller. Unfortunately, this means small text will be even smaller, so you might have readability problems on the iPad mini.
In other words, do this to get what we see in Figure 2-19. jpg); background-repeat: repeat-y; overflow: auto; } Figure 2-19. The page after implementing faux columns So we see how to set a background image and repeat it vertically. No surprise there. The more important thing to point out is the overflow: auto setting. Recall above (rule #8) that a container that contains only floated elements will have no height because the floated elements are taken out of the normal page layout flow. Without this CSS property applied, the outer div is 0 pixels tall, so you never see the background.