By Arthur M. Jr. Dannenberg
Examines the pathogenesis of human pulmonary tuberculosis in all of its phases, with a main concentrate on the rabbit version.
• stories the interaction of delayed-type allergy and cell-mediated immunity, essentially exhibiting how either are had to keep an eye on the expansion of the tubercle bacillus and the way antibodies give a contribution to those mobile immune responses.
• Covers the histochemistry of macrophage activation; the jobs of assorted cytokines; the consequences of glucocorticoids, estrogens, thyroid hormones, and irradiation at the affliction; and rules of immunization opposed to tuberculosis, together with vaccine improvement.
• specializes in parts of destiny study which can give a contribution to the data, remedy, and keep watch over of this affliction.
• Serves as a source for clinicians, public future health investigators, and laboratory researchers in tuberculosis and immunology.
Read Online or Download Pathogenesis of human pulmonary tuberculosis : insights from the rabbit model PDF
Best microbiology books
Collins and Lyne's Microbiological tools, eighth version is an absolutely revised and up to date version of this vintage bench booklet. It keeps to supply the definitive consultant to microbiological suggestions overlaying scientific, food and drinks, environmental and veterinary specimens. The fast development in microbiology is mirrored in new notes and chapters; a revised web page layout additionally offers the reader with easy accessibility to an important details.
Molecular Microbial Ecology of the Rhizosphere covers present wisdom at the molecular foundation of plant-microbe interactions within the rhizosphere. additionally incorporated within the ebook are either stories and research-based chapters describing experimental fabrics and strategies. Edited by way of a pace-setter within the box, with contributions from authors world wide, Molecular Microbial Ecology of the Rhizosphere brings jointly the main up to date examine during this increasing zone, and should be a precious source for molecular microbiologists and plant soil scientists, in addition to top point scholars in microbiology, ecology, and agriculture.
Written by way of recognized specialists in box, this can be the 1st booklet devoted to facing the one such a lot hard administration factor in long term steroid remedy. Overcoming Steroid Insensitivity in breathing illness experiences vital new advances in therapeutics and gives the clinician with the hottest info on some of the most major healing demanding situations to powerful administration of those illnesses.
- Integrated Nutrient Management (INM) in a Sustainable Rice—Wheat Cropping System
- Organization of the Prokaryotic Genome
- Biodiversity in Aquatic Systems and Environments: Lake Biwa
- Clostridia-Biotechnology and Medical Applications
- Role in Cell Physiology (The Cytoskeleton)
- Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry Applications in Microbiology
Additional resources for Pathogenesis of human pulmonary tuberculosis : insights from the rabbit model
A. Eisen, L. White, J. Peterson, R. DeBoy, R. Dodson, M. Gwinn, D. Haft, E. Hickey, J. F. Kolonay, W. C. Nelson, L. A. Umayam, M. Ermolaeva, S. L. Salzberg, A. Delcher, T. Utterback, J. Weidman, H. Khouri, J. Gill, A. Mikula, W. Bishai, W. R. , J. Venter, and C. M. Fraser. 2002. Whole-genome comparison of Mycobacterium tuberculosis clinical and laboratory strains. J. Bacteriol. 184:5479–5490. 27. , S. V. Gordon, M. Marmiesse, P. Brodin, C. Buchrieser, K. Eiglmeier, T. Garnier, C. Gutierrez, G. Hewinson, K.
J. Med. 324:1644–1650. 36. , A. M. , M. Ando, O. Rojas-Espinosa, and K. Shima. 1974. Enzymes in tuberculous lesions hydrolyzing protein, hyaluronic acid and chondroitin sulfate: a 2. STAGES OF HUMAN AND RABBIT TUBERCULOSIS study of isolated macrophages and developing and healing rabbit BCG lesions with substrate film techniques; the shift of enzyme pH optima towards neutrality in “intact” cells and tissues. J. Reticuloendothel. Soc. 16:220–231. 37. Yamamura,Y. The pathogenesis of tuberculous cavities.
F. Jacobs, F. Ruben, D. E. , and G. Thornton. Treatment of tuberculosis and tuberculosis infection in adults and children. Ofﬁcial Statement of the American Thoracic Society, Medical Section of the American Lung Association. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 149:1359–1374. , C. Stanford, and J. Grange. 2004. Immunotherapy with Mycobacterium vaccae in the treatment of tuberculosis. Front. Biosci. 9:1701–1719. First, M. , R. A. Weker, S. Yasui, and E. A. Nardell. 2005. Monitoring human exposures to 49.